Social Media & Publicity
The Tuxedo Club is a private club whose recreational and social activities are intended for the benefit of its members and guests. Accordingly, the Club neither seeks nor welcomes publicity, outside of the membership, about its activities. Any inquiries from the media concerning the Club, its members, or practices, shall be directed to and solely responded to by the Chair of the Board, or an other Board-designated club representative.
The Tuxedo Club realizes that social media and networking websites have become a regular part of everyday life and that many people enjoy such sites. However, all members, guests, staff, vendors or otherwise have a right to privacy when using the Club's facilities.
The Club defines social media as any type of interactive online media that allows parties to communicate instantly with each other or to share data in a public forum. This includes online social forums such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and LinkedIn. Social media also includes blogs, and video-and-image-sharing websites such as YouTube and Flickr, etc.
Members and guests should be aware that there are many more examples of social media than can be listed here and this is a constantly changing area. Members and their guests should follow these guidelines in relation to any social media that they use.
The absence of, or lack of, explicit reference to a specific website or service does not limit the extent of the application of these guidelines. Members should consult with the Board of Governors if they are uncertain.
Members are responsible for their guests' awareness, and compliance, to the social media requirements of The Tuxedo Club.
- Members must not make derogatory comments about The Tuxedo Club, the staff, or Members via social media, online or media platform.
- Any member or guest that has a verified account on a platform such as Instagram (indicated by a blue checkmark) or otherwise is barred from posting any image of The Tuxedo Club, its facilities, or activities in any capacity, tagging or no tagging, without written approval from the Board of Governors. These verified account holders can use other non-verified personal accounts in the same way as other members and guests.
- Members and guests must not geo tag The Tuxedo Club or show any visual assets such as the oak leaf or other club branding unique to The Tuxedo Club in postings via social media.
- Members and guests must not show any private indoor areas of the club such as locker rooms, changing rooms and bathrooms.
- Members and guests must not breach the privacy or confidentiality of other members or guests.
- Members and guests must receive consent for posting an image where a member or guest is in the image, even if only in the background or otherwise.
- Members and guests must not give away any information related to Members of The Tuxedo Club.
- Members and guests must not discuss The Tuxedo Club’s internal workings.
- Members and guests must not breach copyright by using someone else’s images without verbal or written permission from that individual.
- Members and guests must not commercialize, endorse, sponsor, or promote other companies or brands using The Tuxedo Club, its property and its facilities.