EFFECTIVE DATE: August 2023
UPDATED ON: August 2023
The Tuxedo Club is committed to keeping your personal information obtained during the general course of business secure. The Club provides this Privacy Notice to outline the information collected, and how that information will be used, and how you can exercise your data protection rights. Members consent that their use of the Club’s website and digital platforms constitutes their acceptance of the Club’s Policies.
- The Club is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your personal information.
- The Club makes every effort to be transparent about our personal information handling practices.
- The Club is committed to communicating to you your choices regarding the personal information that is collected about you and how it is used.
- The Club permits only authorized employees, contractors, third parties, and service providers to have access to some or all personal information of our members for stated legitimate business purposes only. “Legitimate business purposes” means using your personal information to help us operate and improve our business and minimize any disruption in services. It also allows us to establish, exercise, or defend against legal claims or proceedings. By having access to The Tuxedo Club, you have given your consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more purposes.
What Is Personal Information?
“Personal information” (also referred to as “PI”) is information that identifies or could reasonably be linked to a particular consumer or household. Some examples include name, phone number(s), address(es), date of birth, gender, marital status, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, social security number, financial account number, professional or employment-related information, education information, club affiliations, purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, inferences drawn from any of the information identified to create a member profile.
Collection of Your Personal Information
Personal information is collected from you directly on a one-time or ongoing basis through our onsite locations, our website, and/or third-party sources. The Club may also collect information about products and services you receive from us and may include the following:
(a) Personal information you provide to the Club.
(b) Additional personal information The Club may collect and/or receive from third parties. Be aware that when you provide personal information to us on a third-party website or platform, they may also collect your information. You should review the privacy policies of the third party or social media platform for their privacy practices.
Choice and Consent of Your Personal Information
The Club collects and/or retains personal information for legitimate business purposes only, with your consent, unless otherwise set out herein.
Use of Your Personal Information
The Club uses and processes your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill contracts The Club may have with you
- To comply with Terms of Service with you
- For billing and payment processing
- Where The Club needs to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- To deliver personalized Club communications and content
- Provide to you the services, related promotions, newsletters, and information you request
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- To assist in making your reservation and providing the services you request at our property
- To respond to any feedback you submit
- To communicate with you in connection with your specific requests
- To operate our business including for internal purposes, such as, auditing, data analysis, research purposes, or troubleshooting to help improve our services.
- For the defense of legal claims or proceedings
Sharing or Selling of Personal Information
The Club does not sell, share, or disclose your personal information to non-affiliated organizations other than as disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
The Club restricts access to your personal information to our affiliates and trusted business partners who require it to maintain and operate our Sites or to provide services to you.
The Club may disclose some of your personal information based on requirements for compliance with applicable laws to government authorities or law enforcement.
Personal information may be disclosed or transferred based on a merger and acquisition transaction, sale of assets, to an acquirer, successor or assignee, and only if the recipient commits to a Privacy Notice that has terms substantially consistent with our Privacy Notice.
If you would like to opt-out of Club communications, please update your profile accordingly on the Club’s website section “Request My Information”.
Data Retention and Disposal
The Club keeps membership and guest information for as long as is necessary for legitimate business purposes, or as legally required by appropriate state, federal and regulatory bodies. Past that period, The Club has processes in place for the secure destruction of records, both physical and electronic.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our website or services may contain links to third party sites including links to social media platforms. These links are not under the control of The Tuxedo Club. The Club does not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the content of any of these linked sites. The information practice of any third party is not covered by this Privacy Notice. The Tuxedo Club is not responsible for the privacy policies of any third-party websites to which it links. The Club strongly suggests you review the third-party’s privacy policies before providing any data to them.
The Club maintains physical, administrative, and technological safeguards in compliance with applicable law to protect your personal information. The Club restricts access to employees, agents, vendors, and other entities who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. The Club trains our employees on the proper handling of personal information.
The Club cannot guarantee or promise that the data transmitted over the internet or stored or maintained by us or our service providers can be 100% secure. The Club believes the measures implemented by us can reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, The Club does not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private or secure. The Club does not guarantee that your personal information will not be misused by third parties. The Club is not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features.
If you believe your personal information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, please contact Sheila Kobrick so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
Email: [email protected]
How to Access, Update and Correct Personal Information
Your Data Protection Rights - under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws relative to your personal information. You may have the right to:
- Right to know - what personal information is being collected about you; if businesses are using your personal information
- Request access to personal information commonly known as “data subject access request”
- Right to delete personal information
- Right to correct inaccurate personal information
- Right to know what personal information is sold and to whom
- Right to no retaliation following opt-out or exercise of other rights
The Club offers transparency about the personal information that The Club collects and maintains. You can contact us during administrative business hours to exercise your right (within reasonable limits) to know what information is collected about you, to update and/or correct, to delete or obtain copies of any personal information that The Club has collected and retained about you.
If you are a registered user, you may access your personal information in your registered account profile.
In some cases, The Club may retain copies of your information if required or permitted by law.
You may contact Sheila Kobrick:
Write: The Tuxedo Club 1 West Lake Road Tuxedo Park, NY 10987
Updates or Changes to Privacy Notice
The Club reserves the right to modify or change this Privacy Notice at any time. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately and reflected with the updated date modified. If The Club makes any changes to our notice, The Club will post the updated privacy notice on the Club’s website. Where permitted by applicable law, your continued use of the Club following the posting of any changes to this Privacy Notice constitutes acceptance of those changes.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact Sheila Kobrick at:
Email: [email protected]